Friday, July 17, 2009

Coming Distractions

Since it's late Friday, I thought I'd keep this post simple. When I was working on "Artificial Paradise," I came across some movie trailers on YouTube. Only they weren't real trailers. They were carefully crafted movie coming attractions that totally misrepresented the pictures. "Mean Streets" becomes "Sesame Streets," for example, and 'A Hard Day's Night" becomes "A Hard Day's Night of the Living Dead." In it, The Beatles are chased through the streets of London by the flesh-eating zombies of Zack Snyder's "Dawn of the Dead." One of my favourites is one for Stanley Kubrick's stilted adaptation of Steven King's "The Shining." The faux trailor is called "Shining" - and it suggests a heart-warming father-son reconciliation drama possibly directed by Cameron Crowe.

Check it out here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfout_rgPSA

No comments:

Post a Comment